Sunday 10 May 2015

Pom Pom, busy busy days

I've been really busy on Pom Pom since I arrived. I've been unpackning and painting the kitchen cupards, organisation all the stuff needing for cooking, scrubbing toilets etc etc. It's been nonstop work from sunrise to after sunset.
Still loads at rebuilding camp to do, but not much I have the skills to do. On Tuesday we're going into town and then I'll make sure that we stock up on groceries properly.
We still dont have running water in the showers or bathrooms, you have to carry buckets with you. I'm taking my bucket shower in the toilet casue thats the only place where they've put in a new flooring. We also don't have a freezer so meat is kept on ice only, so far so good...
Drinking water we boil from the well but the taste is pretty strange.
Wednesday we have a big group of 8 people arriving, that will make things interesting.

I did go diving today and it was very nice with a break from work.

Unfortunately we have a lot of flies, mosquites and other biting things so I'm very itchy. Luckily (knock on wood) there is no dengue or malaria on Pom Pom :)
I'll try and see if coconut oil will help to deter the nasty buggers, and of course mosquito spray.

I did get my palace of a tent up yesterday, it is wonderful, can't wait to furnice it :) Waiting for my dresser which will come from KK in a few weeks, and the boys will build me a proper bed so I sleep better, and I will buy myself a real matress.
Also getting a chair and a table to have a work area in my tent, it is two rooms :)

Sorry I cant write more but it's getting late and I want a shower beofre it's totally dark :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment