Saturday 8 March 2014

Back in the water!!!

Wednesday I was finally back in the water. Still has a cough but it's getting better every day.

Wednesdays dive we moved concrete blocks. On this dive I first tried to help get the big yellow lift bag down, we finally got it down and then has to try and find where the others in the team were. The current made us drift far away from where we were supposed to be so after a while of fighting with the yellow bag we had to abort and go up with it.
When we surfaced I felt a bit sick but took it for sea sickness since it was pretty wavy. I went down again to see if there was anything I could do to help with the blocks.
When I got back up again and was standing on the ladder to the boat I got really dizzy but managed to get on the boat, when on board I had to lie down for a while cause I almost fainted. I was not allowed to go on the second dive with the team.
Lesson learned: Don't over do it after you've been ill.

Thursday was block-moving-day again. This time I took the easy chores and did both dives. Was tired afterwards but nothing worse than that.

Friday and Saturday I've taken the EMP data for invertabrates on the shallow line.

Friday we did the EMP at Shark Island were we have set transects.
Today we set up three new transects in Shark Bay at 3 m, 5 m and 6 m. We collected base data for future surveys along these transects.
This area will also be used for research. Each line is 100 m, half of each area will be used for new coral nurserys, the other half will be left as it is for comparison.

I finally brought my camera with housing and managed to get a couple of ok pictures. I'm going to bring my camera as often as I can so I hopefully will improve.















No comments:

Post a Comment