Saturday 1 March 2014

Koh Tao school fundraising

Saturday was the fundraising for the Koh Tao school. We helped out by selling cotton candy, what a success that was!! There was always a long line in front of our stall with both kids and adults, locals and tourists.
I also walked around with a local kid and sold raffle tickets to tourists.
There was also restaurants selling different kinds of foods, from ice-cream, desserts to curries and barbacue. For everything sold the money goes to the Koh Tao school.

A couple of us started working around 14 to set up everything at the school, and I was then there until about 22.

It was a lot of fun, and I really hope we all managed to raise enough money for the school to continue it's wonderful work.

Today I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the weather, and hope that my cough gets better for tomorrow so I can go diving with the team again.

Still no sign of rain, and they're warning for severe water shortage. Now is really the time to think about water consumption. I'm gonna buy a big bucket so I can take bucket showers instead of normal ones, this saves a lot of water. And also if the water gets a bit discolored, I can filter it and fill the bucket.
I really would love at least a full day with rain, it is just to dry.






No comments:

Post a Comment