Wednesday 18 June 2014

12 days outside the water

Today is my twelfth day without diving, and 6 days to go, not that I'm counting or anything :)

Today and tomorrow is the Save Koh Tao Festival:
http://www.newheavendiveschool.com/koh-tao-news/koh-tao-festival/

I'd love to go over to Sairee and participate but after a 14 hour shift yesterday I'm feeling pretty tired. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow instead.

Working at the dive shop is going alright, only one day was really a pain in the ass, but otherwise things has run ok. Things are a bit disorganized, bookings not put in the hotel-booking-schedule (bookings made that I'm not involved in), misunderstandings with pick-ups etc, luckily I've managed to fix things so that the customers seems to be happy. I love to have it organized around me, and I try my best to do the same while working in the dive shop. I see a lot of things that would improve with a bit more planning and organisation, but since I'm only there for a short time there's nothing I can do except telling Dev when he comes back about my thoughts.

A few days ago I had the most warming words from one of our hotel customers "Without you, my experience here wouldn't have been as great as it was, you made my visit to Koh Tao fantastic"

The stormy weather we had recently has finally died down, so it was a really hot day at the dive school today. I got to close earlier today due to the festival and the boat guys and Zo (the jack of all trades who keep everything running when it comes to the dive school) have had the whole day of.

One of our three boats are broken and can't leave the bay where it's moored up, my experience in logistics will be helpful for the next couple of days until the boat is repaired I think. I also have Zo to help me out.
Even though I loved the windy and stormy weather we've had for a few days, I hope it will stay sunny and calm cause with one boat less we really need good weather so that both our conservation team and our other customers can get a great experience.

I've moved my office in the dive school outside, cause there are like a billion mutaded mosquitoes living under the desk and shelf where I'm supposed to sit. I've tried mosquito repellant, curls and everything and they still attack, that's why I think they must be mutants. Stand there for 2 minutes and you have 10 new bites. Before this work at the dive school I had a total of less than 10 bites :)

That's all for now and Happy midsummer to my friends and family in Sweden!

1 comment:

  1. Glad midsommar på dig med bästa <3 Snart ses vi!

    ReplyDelete