Saturday 14 June 2014

"working"

Well...since the 10th of June I've been stranded on land, and will be that until the 24th. Really, really, really longing for the 25th to come so I can get back in the water with my conservation team!
I'm currently in the dive shop taking hotel bookings, arranging pick-ups, payments, check-in, check-out and also planning the dives for the next day, book in divers and new Open Water students etc.
Devrim, the owner, needed to go to England for a wedding and asked me if I could help him out since he didn't have anyone managing everything when he was away.
It is quite interesting and I do learn a lot about all things involved to run a smooth and organized dive shop.
Especially now when the dive boats can't go out from Chalok, instead the are taken by car to a drop-off point where the longtail take them out to the dive boats.
Luckily I have people around me who can help me out with the dive planning. Planning fun dives and dive courses are very different from the conservation dives I normally do.
It's busy in the morning before the divers go out, then it is a bit slower during the day untill the divers come back.
I will be here 15 days straight from 7.30 til 19 every day :) If it is a night dive I don't leave the dive shop until 21 :)
I have realized how hot and sticky you get when you can't go into the water anything during the days.

So you will all have to wait for new under water photos :)

The weather has been a bit on the windy, rainy and cooler side for a few days, it was really nice. But today it's hot and sunny again. But according to the weather forecast the wind and rain will be back shortly.
Cloudy, rain and strong winds are just what we need for the corals that are already showing strong signs of bleaching. Hopefully the ocean will cool down a bit if the strong winds, rain and clouds continue for a while.

Can't belive I'll be going home soon, it feels so strange. I'm happy that I'll get to end my stay here with 3 more weeks of conservation.

All is very well here and so far I've managed not to blow the dive shop up :) And customers, co-workers etc seems to be happy with how I manage everything :)

2 comments:

  1. Halow maria, i hope evrything its under control and you lov evry singel minits in your vardag :))

    All the best vischis from sveden and your suportclub

    ReplyDelete