Thursday 27 February 2014

Crappy week but getting better

Well the week started out great!
Monday we did WMP, I had my second practice round on invertebrates, it went well so next EMP I will start taking real data. It was a great dive, I had Ploy as a buddy and she's a wonderful buddy.
The dive went and felt really good.
In the evening I had a Skype-call with mum and dad which I really enjoyed. Hopefully next time I can have the web-cam on.

But after Monday it went downhill :)

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling very tired and had an irritating cough. Went to the dive school but after a few hours there I realised I was not in the right form to go diving and went back to my hotel were I fell asleep. Then I slept Wednesday and Thursday too, apart from a few hours when I drank water and had "Noodle in a cup". Had a fever of around 38,5 for three days straight, this morning my body had finally stopped aching and my fever had gone down. Still have a little bit of a fever but I just couldn't stay in my bed and room any longer, I was so bored so I went over to the dive school. Of course no diving for me, I have both a fever and a nasty cough, and OF COURSE they went muck diving today, my favorite, I bet they're gonna see seahorses now when I'm not there.
I have been on land filling up the needles we use for attaching corals with string. Now all the needles are full :) I wanted to at least do something useful after missing out on all the work for the past three days.
I haven't been this sick for this long since I can't remember, I guess my body hasn't built up any immunity to the Koh Tao bugs yet. The thing I have is what is going around here, several in the team has had it or is starting to get it.

Tomorrow we are all working again with the Koh Tao School fundraising. We start at 16 and work the whole evening selling cotton candy. I'm gonna be there to help out, but will take it real easy.
I want to be well when next week start so I can go diving with the team and do some work.

Keep your fingers crossed that I will be well enough to go diving on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment