Saturday 15 February 2014

About me, myself and I

The last 1,5 week I’ve gotten into the group better. There are some really nice and wonderful people, like Kaite and Alex from Australia (Aussie’s are so fantastic and kind), Evan from USA, Ploy from Thailand, Pim from Holland, Pau and Rahul and Karina.
It’s not the people’s fault that I spend most of my time alone, it’s just who I am and I think they understand that now.
The best time for me is when I come home after a full day of studies/work and sit down on my balcony with a book.
I’ve came with them a few times for dinner and party but mostly I go out by myself to eat or bring something with me.
There’s also Hilde who is helping me becoming a better diver.
I’m still adjusting to everything, diving, the heat, the social thing. Tomorrow I will bring out “work-me” cause we are building artificial reef structures with the school class from Bangkok, and then we will aid them on Monday and Tuesday. As an intern it’s important to show what we do and why we do it so that the importance of Marine Conservation is spread to the younger generation.
On Valentines we all went out to eat and we girls got roses from the owner of the restaurant J And I got a call from mum and dad J that made my day!
I miss talking to my mum, me and my dads walks, my sister and Terry. I’m very happy Cizzi and dad is coming for a visit, just wish my mum was coming too. But I understand why she can’t. We’ll just have to talk instead.
I also miss talking food with my work pal Lennart!
Food… I want pickeled salted cucumber, smoked pork loin, champagne, a proper pork chop…… and I also need contact lenses, I didn’t bring enough, but the ones I have will last til my dad gets here J
What I love is not having to use toilet paper, I want a hose next to my toilet at home.
And the food, depending on where you go you can get excellent food for a low price. Like the sandwich lady where you can get a big delicious sandwich for 60 Baht, or a local restaurant where you can get a good tasty thai meal for 100 Baht. There are more expensive places where the food is also yummy, like Koppee or pizza’s from Fishy’s.
I normally eat cheap but sometimes I let myself have a pizza or breakfast from Koppee.
I haven’t been to New Heaven Restaurant yet, but I think I will have to go there real soon to see if the food is as good as it was 2,5 years ago.
I we also have the Samosa-guy who comes by the dive shop and sells the most delicious samosas every made!! Only 20 Baht/piece!!
Tonight I’m going to Fishy’s to buy a pizza and bring home, I’ll be eating it and watching a movie and if I’m awake at 12 I hope I can listen to the hockey game. The likely hood of my being awake that late is very slim J
I’ve had rashes on my hand since I got here, but then I got the suggestion from Roxanna at the Dive shop to buy pure coconut oil and rub my hands with…. The rashes are almost gone!
My body is adjusting to the heat, and I think it will take a bit more time for me to get there.
The only place I got sunburned was my forehead, it’s pink
J But I’m being much more careful now.
The ocean is still a bit too cold for my liking, but at least I have my wetsuit.
I think I need plastic surgery when I get home, people are guessing my age almost correct, how depressing L Perhaps when my skin has adjusted to the heat I will look younger J
The funny thing with my Botox injections I took before I went here is that when I’ve been out diving the marks from the mask on my forehead takes a long long time to disappear (and for you who knows about diving, no I don’t have the mask too tight
J)
When I have gotten used to the diving and the schedule I will start jogging and doing some muscle training, it will be good for me and make me stronger. But right now just diving drains all my powers J

It hasn't rained since I got here, it's getting really dry. I'd just love a good rain and thunder storm.

There’s a full moon this weekend, it is so beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment