Monday 27 January 2014

Day 2

Being connected where ever you are is nice but when I'm sitting here in the WiFi-area of the hotel I also get sad seeing a young girl trying to get attention from her mom and dad who is really busy in their smart phones and asking her to hush. The dad actually took a break from his phone for a few seconds but the mum is totally unaware and just have her eyes on the phone telling her kid to hush... This is a sad development of being online all the time.

Woke up after a long nights sleep, I was exhausted after the long journey and slept like a baby. The hotel is really nice and quiet which made me get a long rest.
Had a nice breakfast with fried rice, veggie noodles and extra chili and chili flakes and lime. A small plate of fruit to finish the morning feast with.
The hotel breakfast was really good, a lot of different foods, from noodles and fried rice, to the western kind with pancakes, yogurt, bread, jams and the option of eggs and omelettes fried up fresh.
This morning I went for a walk in the midday heat, and bought credits to my new number.
The afternoon I spent by the pool and took a swim in the ocean, I’m glad I brought my wetsuit for the diving, the ocean was a bit cold, not as warm as when I was on Pom Pom.
I’ve been reading a lot today, the book I’m reading “Gone girl” by Gillian Flynn is really good, you don’t know why to believe in and whether the main character is a prick and murdered or not.
Now I’m enjoying a late afternoon on my huge balcony with my book and a beer. Listening to Chris Cornell “Live at O-baren”. After that I’ll switch to the amazing and fantastic Toby Rand and London Cries and also Silverchair “Neon ballroom” with a trip down to the 90-ties.
Tomorrow Lomprayah shuttle service picks me up around 11, for my onward journey to Koh Tao, my home for the next 5,5 months.
Just hope I can find a nice longterm place to stay. Koh Tao is very crowded for the moment and it’s not that easy finding long term accommodation, but hopefully Bua Management can sort that out for me.
I’ll give them a call tomorrow morning to set up an appointment.
Now for the rest of the day I’m just going to enjoy the peace and calm that has come over me.
I think my mom would love this hotel and beach where the ocean is calm with no big waves.
I’ll be having dinner at the hotel again tonight, I want to give them one more try cause it’s really a nice place to stay.
I’ll let you know how my dinner was
J

A few pictures of my journey so far.
Don't you just love the name of the flight Hiroshima :)










1 comment: