Tuesday 28 January 2014

Yesterday evening and arrival at Koh Tao

Yesterday evening I had dinner at the hotel again:
I got the red snapper garlic and pepper, it was a pleasant surprise, very garlicy and pepper spicy which I spiced up with fresh chili and dried chili. Real nice.
One of these cover bands playing Beatles, Abba, et al…. no Elvis yet… I’ll be gone when that comes up. The band ask us to request songs, I wonder if I should ask Pearl Jam, Silverchair, Roxie 77, London Cries, Linkin Park…. That would be an akward moment for that poor band who only want people to request songs from these mundane boring bands where everyone knows the songs.
I don’t blame the band I blame the music
J

Tomorrow Koh Tao J here I come

So today I arrived on Koh Tao, I have checked into my room at the hotel and been by to New Heaven Dive school to say that I have arrived.
Tomorrow I need to go and see the Bua Management about long term rental, but Thursday I'll revive my diving skills, I'll be joining the fun-dive team since it was so long since I went diving.
Feeling pretty nervous about it but I trust the New Heaven team.

I don't feel at home yet, I'm not very good at socializing and meeting new people. I need a couple of weeks to warm up. But I'm sure I will get there and feel more at home here as time goes by, after all I am staying until July 15.
I need my time to adjust and making "friends", when I get started on the Marine conservation I think I will get to know the team a bit better and not feel so out of place, akward. and insecure.

Tonight I'll have myself a nice dinner but first I need to do some shopping for soap, toilet paper and other necessities.
Going to be an early night tonight, feel a bit tired.

At the hotel, of course, I got the top floor, and the stairs are really high, my short legs really have to lift, lift high. With my two heavy bags up those stairs, I think I've gotten all the work out I'm up for for today.

I'm out

No comments:

Post a Comment