Wednesday 29 January 2014

Yesterday the 29th

Today I met with BUA management, very helpful and service minded.
I took a walk to them, and of course being me who can’t read maps, I went much too far, almost ending up in Sairee before I realized I’d probably walked too far. Walked back, asked for directions in a store, and realized just how too far I walked J But I did get some extra exercise.
Finally found them and they had only one place for rent Beachside Resort, and only for a month (Feb. 28th), I had a look and even it’s not exactly right I decided to take it just so I have more time finding a better place. I’ve rented it already so it’s mine, but I’ll be staying in Tropicana a couple of more nights.
BUA will be looking out for another place that I can make my home, and I will also go looking to see if I can find something that I feel I can feel at home in.
It looks like February is really busy here.
But now I have time to find a place I get the right feeling for.

My lunch was the thing I’ve missed the most, barbecued pork and papaya salad YUMMY!!! Bought it from a street vendor where they have the charcoal grill right beside the stall. It tasted even better than I remember! As long as I have this pork I think I’ll be fine without “rökt sidfläsk” (smoked loin of pork)

I also went to New Heaven talking to Roxanne and Emanuel or Manuel (I suck at remembering names), put my dive gear there so I don’t have to carry that around when moving.
Manuel (master diver at New Heaven) thought it would be best if I did a refresher since it was so long since I dove last, so I get to do the mask on and off etc (again) I really don’t like that, I always get water in my nose. Let’s see if he’s as good as Eileen who did this with me on Pom Pom. She was fantastic.
Just have to tell him that I’m practically blind without my contacts
J
I’ll be doing the refresher on Friday so I have one more day off, so tomorrow I think I’ll take a walk on Chalok Beach doing a clean up, I love doing beach clean ups. That is something I know how to do and feel comfortable with.
I have a problem with not knowing how to do stuff, I always want to be good at what I’m assigned to do, if not I feel like a burden. But beach clean-ups I know how to do!
Patience and trust in myself is not something I’m good at, but I’m working on it.
Whenever I’m in a situation where I’m a beginner I feel stupid and like a burden, I think it’s because I’ve been working with what I do at home for so long that I know I’m good at it so when I’m faced with something I haven’t done before I’m really hard on myself.

The baby turtle nursery is right next to New Heaven, so when my sister+friend and dad and uncle gets here I hope there will be turtles there to show them.
For me after Pom Pom baby turtles isn’t that exotic, I’ve seen eggs being laid, gathered them to the nursery and seen them being released.

Rented a bike but the pedal fell off J The service on bicycles isn’t like back home, but hopefully I’ll get my bike in a few days time. Roxanne at New Heaven will be holding one for me as soon as one is returned.
The bikes have like million of gears, 1-3 + 1-like 20…. How will I manage that
J My bike at home has 7 gears only, all controlled with the same lever.

I’ll be here for a while so I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it. I bet it’s easier to bicycle with that many gears.
I have no idea how to send text-sms with my thai number J I need my sister J True move apparently doesn’t do it easy, I try to text but it’s never sent, I probably need some extra code or something.

Dinner was pancake with onion, cheese and tomatoe and for dessert pancake with banana, coconut and chocolate.





I’m out…

No comments:

Post a Comment